From Jungi Jeong <jgje...@calab.kaist.ac.kr>
Subject Re: How to recover reducer task data on a different data node?
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 10:29:24 GMT
As far as I know, map outputs are stored in the local disks where map tasks
were executing on,
and the paths to map outputs can be constructed using username / jobId /
taskId (even after map tasks terminated).
The information of map outputs (which maps are done and where they are
located) are available JobTracker, so TaskTracker fetches it from
JobTracker and keeps the info until a job finishes.
The newly launched reduce task requests TaskTracker, who can create a path
to map outputs using jobId and taskId, to transfer corresponding map
outputs, and data will transfer via Http connection (for details, look for
the class MapOutputServlet in TaskTracker.java).

I hope this can answer your question.
- Jungi

--
Jungi Jeong
M.S Candidate, Computer Architecture Lab.