From Chris Mawata <chris.maw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need to evaluate the price of a Hadoop cluster
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 06:11:59 GMT
Some comments:
3 drives each of capacity 1Tb will be better than one 3 Tb drive.

On a small cluster you can not afford to reserve a whole machine for each
master daemon. The NameNode and JobTracker will have to cohabit with
DataNodes and TaskTrackers.

As for pricing if it is for an institution you should visit a few vendor
websites. If it is for you then visit EBay.

You should add networking hardware to your budget.

Cheers