From Raj K Singh <rajkrrsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I recover the namenode?
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 17:05:15 GMT
please follow along the steps

• Shutdown all Hadoop daemons on all servers in the cluster.
• Copy NameNode metadata onto the secondary NameNode and copy the entire
directory tree to the secondary NameNode.
• Modify the core-site.xml file, making the secondary NameNode server the
new NameNode server.
• Replicate that file to all servers in the cluster.
• Start the NameNode daemon on the secondary NameNode server.
• Restart the secondary NameNode daemon on the new NameNode server.
• Start the DataNode daemons on all DataNodes.
• Start the JobTracker daemon on the JobTracker node.
• Start the TaskTracker daemons on all the TaskTracker nodes (DataNodes)
• From any node in the cluster, use the “hadoop dfs –ls” command to verify
that the data file created by TeraGen exists.
• Check the total amount of HDFS storage used.
• Run “hadoop fsck /” to compare to results recorded before the NameNode
was halted.

Raj K Singh
http://in.linkedin.com/in/rajkrrsingh
http://www.rajkrrsingh.blogspot.com