From Tsuyoshi OZAWA <ozawa.tsuyo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues with documentation on YARN
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 03:56:17 GMT
Hi,

To edit the document you mentioned, please edit
hadoop-common/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/src/site/apt/WritingYarnApplications.apt.vm

The document of apt.vm is written in "APT format", which is described
in the following document:
http://maven.apache.org/doxia/references/apt-format.html

After editing, please run the following command and open
/tmp/hadoop-site/index.html

$ mvn site site:stage -DstagingDirectory=/tmp/hadoop-site
$ open /tmp/hadoop-site/hadoop-project/index.html

Feel free to ask us if you have any questions about the contribution!

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Akira AJISAKA
<ajisakaa@oss.nttdata.co.jp> wrote:
> Thanks for the report!
> You can create a issue to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN
> and submit a patch.
>
> The wiki page describes how to contribute to Apache Hadoop.
> https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute
>
> Thanks,
> Akira
>
> (2014/07/08 19:54), Никитин Константин wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm trying to write my first YARN application using a doc http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/WritingYarnApplications.html
. This page is said to describe Apache Hadoop 2.3.0. But a method ``appMasterRequest.setApplicationAttemptId(appAttemptID);``
mentioned there was removed about a year ago https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-918
, so "Writing Yarn Application" is not actual.

--
- Tsuyoshi