From YIMEN YIMGA Gael <gael.yimen-yi...@sgcib.com>
Subject RE: Need to evaluate a cluster
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 09:24:52 GMT
Hi Olivier,

When I say LOW-COST, I mean COMMODITY HARDWARE.

Could you advice please ?

From: Olivier Renault [mailto:orenault@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Thursday 10 July 2014 11:18
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need to evaluate a cluster

Either you spend your money on servers with more disks or your spend your money on cooling
/ power consumption and potentially building a new DC ;).

A typical server from a tier 1 vendor ( HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco ) should be around 5k euros (
fully loaded with HDD ).

Kind regards,
Olivier

On 10 July 2014 11:10, YIMEN YIMGA Gael <gael.yimen-yimga@sgcib.com<mailto:gael.yimen-yimga@sgcib.com>>