From YIMEN YIMGA Gael <gael.yimen-yi...@sgcib.com>
Subject RE: Need to evaluate the price of a Hadoop cluster
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 15:36:57 GMT
Hi,

Actually, i didn’t plan for a secondary namenode. But if I should do so, I will consider
for secondary namenode the same characteristic as the primary namenode.

No, I’m not using Hadoop 2.x. I’m using Hadoop 1.2.1 (Distribution with JobTracker not
resource manager)

Regards

From: Cristobal Giadach [mailto:cgiadachc@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday 3 July 2014 17:32
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need to evaluate the price of a Hadoop cluster

Are you using Hadoop 2.x?
What about your secondary namenode?
El jul 3, 2014 11:19 AM, "YIMEN YIMGA Gael" <gael.yimen-yimga@sgcib.com<mailto:gael.yimen-yimga@sgcib.com>>
escribió:
Hello Dear all,

I would like to evaluate the price of a Hadoop cluster using the below characteristics for
my Namenode and for my Datanode.

My cluster should have one Namenode and three datanode.

Could someone help me with the price of commodity hardware with these characteristics, please
?

Standing by …

NAMENODE

Model : xxx
CPU : 2 cpu 2GHz
RAM : 14 GB
HD: 1TB
OS: Rhel or Debian

Content :
Rhel 6 or Debian 7.5
ssh daemon
Apache 2.4
job tracker daemon
namenode daemon
dhcp service

DATANODE

Model : xxx
CPU : 1 cpu 3Ghz
RAM : 16 GB
HD: 3TB
OS: Rhel or Debian

Content :
Rhel 6 or Debian 7.5
ssh daemon
Apache 2.4
task tracker daemon
datanode daemon
dhcp service

Warm regards

-------------------
Gaël YIMEN YIMGA

Stagiaire - GBIS
ITEC/CSY/SAT

Tour CB 3 - S 04 025/ 58
170, place Henri Regnault
Paris - La Défense 6

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the
addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the
message if altered, changed or
falsified.
Please visit http://swapdisclosure.sgcib.com for important information with respect to derivative
products.
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et susceptibles
de contenir des informations couvertes
par le secret professionnel.
Ce message est etabli a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion
non autorisee est interdite.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message
s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
Veuillez consulter le site http://swapdisclosure.sgcib.com afin de recueillir d'importantes
informations sur les produits derives.