From Satyam Singh <satyam.si...@ericsson.com>
Subject Which replication value will be used
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 07:55:43 GMT
Hello,

I have given dfs.replication=2 in hdfs-site.xml as:
<property>
     <name>dfs.replication</name>
     <value>2</value>
</property>

Also, In my application i have used api for wrting in hdfs:
public FSDataOutputStream create(Path f,
                                             boolean overwrite,
                                             int bufferSize,
                                             short replication,
                                             long blockSize,
                                             Progressable progress
                                             ) throws IOException {
     return this.create(f, FsPermission.getFileDefault().applyUMask(
         FsPermission.getUMask(getConf())), overwrite, bufferSize,
         replication, blockSize, progress);
   }

here i also given replication as fourth parameter.

So my question is which replication value will be used that we have
given in api or in hdfs-site.xml

Warm Regards,
Satyam