From Akira AJISAKA <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: heartbeat timeout doesn't work
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 08:41:38 GMT
The timeout value is set by the following formula:

heartbeatExpireInterval = 2 * (heartbeatRecheckInterval)
                           + 10 * 1000 * (heartbeatIntervalSeconds);

Note that heartbeatRecheckInterval is set by
"dfs.namenode.heartbeat.recheck-interval" property
(5*60*1000 [msec] by default), and heartbeatIntervalSeconds
is set by "dfs.heartbeat.interval" property (3 by default).

In this way, the timeout value is default to 10 minutes and 30 seconds.

Thanks,
Akira