From bigdatagroup <bigdatagr...@itecons.it>
Subject NFS Gateway readonly issue
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:09:13 GMT
Hello,
we are experiencing a strange issue with our Hadoop cluster implementing NFS Gateway.

We exported our distributed filesystem with the following configuration (Managed by Cloudera
Manager over CDH 5.0.1):

 <property>
    <name>dfs.nfs.exports.allowed.hosts</name>
    <value>192.168.0.153 ro</value>
  </property>

As you can see, we expect the exported FS to be read-only, but in fact we are able to delete
files and folders stored on it (where the user has the correct permissions), from  the client
machine that mounted the FS.
Other writing operations are correctly blocked.

Hadoop Version in use: 2.3.0+cdh5.0.1+567

Bye.
--
Omar
[cid:part1.01000801.05050301@itecons.it]