From Wadood.Chaudh...@Instinet.com
Subject RE: Hadoop Multi-node cluster on Windows
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 01:43:47 GMT
Thanks. Linux cluster requires SSH etc. for every thing including single node. In Windows until
now I have been able to setup to pseudo distributed level without SSH or CygWin. Someone was
saying that some Windows service needs to be installed for communication across machines.
Is that true?

----- Message from "Olivier Renault" <orenault@hortonworks.com> on 06/04/2014 09:36:17
PM -----
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: Hadoop Multi-node cluster on Windows

HDP run natively on Linux and Windows. It's the same code base. You can
install a windows cluster in the same way as you do for Linux.

Olivier

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE