From Néstor Boscán <nesto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Trying to build Hadoop on Windows 8
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:19:31 GMT
The error I'm getting is building Apache Hadoop Commons:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec
(compile-ms-winutils) on project hadoop-common: Command execution failed.
Process exited with an error: 1(Exit value: 1) -> [Help 1]

The BUILDING.txt documentation explains that I have to run Windows SDK
Command Prompt, but, in Windows 8 I can't find that shortcut. I tried
adding the msbuild folder to the PATH but it doesn't work.

Regards,

Néstor