From Henry Hung <YTHu...@winbond.com>
Subject [hadoop 2.2.0] map tasks failed with error "This token is expired"
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 02:34:30 GMT
Hi All,

Strange thing happens after I start to use Fair Scheduler, when executing a large MR job (around
660 maps and 1 reduce), some of the map tasks will failed with this error:

2014-06-05 10:13:47,379 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.ContainerManagerImpl:
Unauthorized request to start container.
This token is expired. current time is 1401934427379 found 1401933840832

I already double check the timestamp of all yarn servers and I'm very sure that all the servers
are on sync, then I found this JIRA discussing about capacity scheduler problem with using
timestamp when reserving container:

I want to know if this problem also exist inside fair scheduler? And is there a fix for it?

Best regards,
Henry

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by
the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person,
please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your
computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised
that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and
any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed
as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.