From "Jason Meng" <neu...@126.com>
Subject Re:Re: How to upgrade Hadoop 2.2 to 2.4
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:10:55 GMT
Thanks. I see.
 Found http://www.queryhome.com/45727/how-to-upgrade-from-hadoop-2-3-to-hadoop-2-4 to upgrade
when stopped.

在 2014-06-24 02:04:19,"Stanley Shi" <sshi@gopivotal.com> 写道:

Cluster-running upgrade is only supported after 2.4, that is, upgrade from 2.4 to 2.4+ is
supported; upgrading from 2.2 to 2.4 is not supported;

Regards,
Stanley Shi,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Jason Meng <neumqp@126.com> wrote:

Hi,

I setup Hadoop 2.2 cluster with NameNode HA. How to upgrade it to 2.4? I try to upgrade according
to http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.4.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsRollingUpgrade.html,
but can't works. Is there a detailed step by step guide include when to shutdown namenode
or when to change env variable like HADOOP_HOME in which step? There are two mode to upgrade,
cluster running or cluster stopped. Either one is ok. Thanks.

Regards,
Jason