From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: question on yarn and fairscheduler
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 07:32:46 GMT
Hello,

YARN's FairScheduler does not have maxMaps/maxReducers fields like its
MR1 counterpart did, given YARN's generic Container based
architecture. Please see
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/cdh/5/hadoop/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/FairScheduler.html#Configuration,
sub-section "Allocation file format" for the actual configurable
elements in it.

Preemption marks the tasks as killed, and not failed, so they do not
count towards your job failure thresholds. If your task attempts are
truly failing, their task attempt logs (syslog, stderr, stdout) will
have the reason they failed.

--
Harsh J