From Hardik Pandya <smarty.ju...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wordcount file cannot be located
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 00:30:47 GMT
Hi Alex,

Your hadoop program configuration is looking into local filesystem directory

By default core-site.xml points to local file system

fs.default.namefile:///

instead of : file:/tmp/in , if file resides on hdfs, please point
fs.default.name to hdfs

Configuration conf = getConf();
conf.set(“fs.default.name”, “hdfs:///localhost.localdomain:8020/”);

also this can be configured in core-site.xml

please update with appropriate value

core-site.xml for e.g
<property>
<name>fs.default.name</name>
<value>hdfs://localhost:54310</value>
<description>The name of the default file system. A URI whose
scheme and authority determine the FileSystem implementation. The
uri’s scheme determines the config property (fs.SCHEME.impl) naming
the FileSystem implementation class. The uri’s authority is used to
determine the host, port, etc. for a filesystem.</description>

Thanks,
Hardik