From chandra kant <chandralakshmikan...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Installing both hadoop1 and haddop2 on single node
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 04:36:13 GMT
Hi,
Is it possible to install both hadoop1 and hadoop2 side  by side on single
node for development purpose so that I can choose any one of them by just
shutting down one and starting another?
I installed hadoop 1.2.1 and ran air successfully.
Next, when I try to do "hdfs namenode - format " from hadoop2.2.0 , it
tries to format the hadoop.tmp.dir set up by hadoop1.2.1 , which is clearly
not desirable. I set up "dfs.namenode.name.dir" and "dfs.datanode.data.dir"
in "hdfs-site.xml" to different
locations.
But again the same problem...
Any suggestions....