hadoop-mapreduce-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Krishna Chaitanya <bnsk1990r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to run 'mvn package' on hadoop-2.2 using Cygwin
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 08:52:08 GMT
Try installing protocol buffer again..make clean,  make and make install
On May 21, 2014 1:49 PM, "sam liu" <samliuhadoop@gmail.com> wrote:

> Failed again...
>
> I modified ProtocMojo.java as:
>
>
>
> * if (protocCommand == null || protocCommand.trim().isEmpty()) {
> protocCommand = "D:\\software\\Linux\\cygwin64\\bin\\protoc.exe";
> //protocCommand = "protoc";      }*
>
> And then, still encounterred issues as below:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> *[INFO] BUILD FAILURE[INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Total time: 24.266s[INFO] Finished at: Wed May 21 16:14:58 CST
> 2014[INFO] Final Memory: 50M/512M[INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------[ERROR]
> Failed to execute goal org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-maven-plugins:2.2.0:protoc
> (compile-protoc) on project hadoop-common:
> org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: 'protoc --version' did not
> return a version -> [Help 1]
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
> goal org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-maven-plugins:2.2.0:protoc (compile-protoc)
> on project hadoop-common: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException:
> 'protoc --version' did not return a version         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:217)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.executeForkedExecutions(MojoExecutor.java:365)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:199)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)        at
> org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)        at
> org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)        at
> org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)        at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)        at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)Caused
> by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException:
> org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: 'protoc --version' did not
> return a version         at
> org.apache.hadoop.maven.plugin.protoc.ProtocMojo.execute(ProtocMojo.java:107)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
>         ... 23 moreCaused by:
> org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: 'protoc --version' did not
> return a version        at
> org.apache.hadoop.maven.plugin.protoc.ProtocMojo.execute(ProtocMojo.java:70)
>         ... 25 more[ERROR][ERROR][ERROR] For more information about the
> errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:[ERROR]
> [Help 1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
> <http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException>
> [ERROR][ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with
> the command[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :hadoop-common*
>
>
> 2014-05-21 14:30 GMT+08:00 bo yang <bobyangbo@gmail.com>:
>
>> I kind of remember I hit similar issue when building hadoop 2.4. I
>> changed the source code to use the full path of protoc.exe. It is in
>> hadoop-maven-plugins\src\main\java\org\apache\hadoop\maven\plugin\protoc\ProtocMojo.java:
>>
>> protocCommand = "C:\\cygwin64\\usr\\local\\bin\\protoc.exe";
>>
>> Then the build worked for me.
>>
>>
>> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM, sam liu <samliuhadoop@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> A more detailed exception info:
>>>
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>>> org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-maven-plugins:2.2.0:protoc (compile-protoc) on
>>> project hadoop-common: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException:
>>> 'protoc --version' did not return a version -> [Help 1]
>>>  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
>>> execute goal org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-maven-plugins:2.2.0:protoc
>>> (compile-protoc) on project hadoop-common:
>>> org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: 'protoc --version' did not
>>> return a version
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:217)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.executeForkedExecutions(MojoExecutor.java:365)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:199)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>         at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
>>>         at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)
>>>         at
>>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
>>>         at
>>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
>>>         at
>>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
>>>         at
>>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
>>> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException:
>>> org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: 'protoc --version' did not
>>> return a version
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.maven.plugin.protoc.ProtocMojo.execute(ProtocMojo.java:107)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
>>>         ... 23 more
>>> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: 'protoc
>>> --version' did not return a version
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.maven.plugin.protoc.ProtocMojo.execute(ProtocMojo.java:70)
>>>         ... 25 more
>>> [ERROR]
>>>
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
>>> please read the following articles:
>>> [ERROR] [Help 1]
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the
>>> command
>>> [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :hadoop-common
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 2014-05-21 14:04 GMT+08:00 sam liu <samliuhadoop@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Still failed...
>>>>
>>>> I added /opt/software/protobuf-2.5.0/src/.libs/libprotoc.so and other
>>>> libprotoc.so.* files to LD_LIBRARY _PATH. But still failed, and the
>>>> exceptions are:
>>>> [WARNING] [/home/sam/protobuf-2.5.0/bin/protoc, --version] failed:
>>>> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
>>>> "/home/sam/protobuf-2.5.0/bin/protoc": CreateProcess error=2, The system
>>>> cannot find the file specified.
>>>> [ERROR] stdout: []
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> [INFO] Reactor Summary:
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> [INFO] Apache Hadoop Main ................................ SUCCESS
>>>> [0.636s]
>>>> [INFO] Apache Hadoop Project POM ......................... SUCCESS
>>>> [0.743s]
>>>> [INFO] Apache Hadoop Annotations ......................... SUCCESS
>>>> [0.137s]
>>>> [INFO] Apache Hadoop Project Dist POM .................... SUCCESS
>>>> [0.094s]
>>>> [INFO] Apache Hadoop Assemblies .......................... SUCCESS
>>>> [0.085s]
>>>> [INFO] Apache Hadoop Maven Plugins ....................... SUCCESS
>>>> [1.762s]
>>>> [INFO] Apache Hadoop Auth ................................ SUCCESS
>>>> [0.208s]
>>>> [INFO] Apache Hadoop Auth Examples ....................... SUCCESS
>>>> [0.126s]
>>>> [INFO] Apache Hadoop Common .............................. FAILURE
>>>> [0.265s]
>>>> [INFO] Apache Hadoop NFS ................................. SKIPPED
>>>> .... ....
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> [INFO] Total time: 24.181s
>>>> [INFO] Finished at: Wed May 21 14:01:06 CST 2014
>>>> [INFO] Final Memory: 49M/512M
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>>>> org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-maven-plugins:2.2.0:protoc (compile-protoc) on
>>>> project hadoop-common: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException:
>>>> 'protoc --version' did not return a version -> [Help 1]
>>>> [ERROR]
>>>> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with
>>>> the -e switch.
>>>> [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
>>>> [ERROR]
>>>> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
>>>> please read the following articles:
>>>> [ERROR] [Help 1]
>>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
>>>> [ERROR]
>>>> [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with
>>>> the command
>>>> [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :hadoop-common
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> 2014-05-21 11:45 GMT+08:00 Krishna Chaitanya <bnsk1990rulz@gmail.com>:
>>>>
>>>> Try adding the path to libprotoc.so to the variable LD_LIBRARY _PATH
>>>>> and retry again.
>>>>>  On May 21, 2014 9:00 AM, "sam liu" <samliuhadoop@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi Experts,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I can use Cygwin to build hadoop-1.1.1, however failed on hadoop-2.2,
>>>>>> as I always encountter issue:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> *[INFO] --- hadoop-maven-plugins:2.2.0:protoc (compile-protoc) @
>>>>>> hadoop-common --- [WARNING] [/home/sam/protobuf-win/bin/protoc, --version]
>>>>>> failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
>>>>>> "/home/sam/protobuf-win/bin/protoc": CreateProcess error=2, The system
>>>>>> cannot find the file specified. [ERROR] stdout: []... ....[ERROR]
Failed to
>>>>>> execute goal org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-maven-plugins:2.2.0:protoc
>>>>>> (compile-protoc) on project hadoop-common:
>>>>>> org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: 'protoc --version'
did not
>>>>>> return a version -> [Help 1] [ERROR][ERROR] To see the full stack
trace of
>>>>>> the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.[ERROR] Re-run Maven
using the
>>>>>> -X switch to enable full debug logging.*
>>>>>>
>>>>>> *But, actually I can run '$ /home/sam/protobuf-win/bin/protoc
>>>>>> --version' or 'protoc --version', and it will return 'libprotoc 2.5'.*
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Any comments?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks!
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message