From Raj K Singh <rajkrrsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing both hadoop1 and haddop2 on single node
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 07:52:43 GMT
yes you can install both the version on the same machine but make sure to
install the configuration directories somewhere in the
/etc/hadoop/conf_1.0.0 or /etc/hadoop/conf_2.0.x and setup HADOOP_CONF_DIR
env variable to point to the correct installation.

Apart from it HDFS implementation is different for both the version so
 make a different directories for both the installation.

Raj K Singh
http://in.linkedin.com/in/rajkrrsingh
http://www.rajkrrsingh.blogspot.com
Mobile  Tel: +91 (0)9899821370