hadoop-mapreduce-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tao Xiao <xiaotao.cs....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No job can run in YARN (Hadoop-2.2)
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 08:16:23 GMT
I'm sure this problem is caused by the incorrect configuration. I commented
out all the configurations regarding memory, then jobs can run
successfully.


2014-05-11 0:01 GMT+08:00 Tao Xiao <xiaotao.cs.nju@gmail.com>:

> I installed Hadoop-2.2 in a cluster of 4 nodes, following Hadoop YARN
> Installation: The definitive guide<http://www.alexjf.net/blog/distributed-systems/hadoop-yarn-installation-definitive-guide>
> .
>
> The configurations are as follows:
>
> ~/.bashrc <http://pastebin.com/zQgwuQv2>         core-site.xml<http://pastebin.com/rBAaqZps>
>              hdfs-site.xml <http://pastebin.com/bxazvp2G>               mapred-site.xml
> <http://pastebin.com/N00SsMbz>        slaves<http://pastebin.com/8VjsZ1uu>
>       yarn-site.xml <http://pastebin.com/XwLQZTQb>
>
>
> I started NameNode, DataNodes, ResourceManager and NodeManagers
> successfully, but no job can run successfully. For example, I  run the
> following job:
>
> [root@Single-Hadoop ~]#    yarn jar
> /var/soft/apache/hadoop-2.2.0/share/hadoop/mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.2.0.jar
> pi 2 4
>
> The output is as follows:
>
> 14/05/10 23:56:25 INFO mapreduce.Job: Task Id :
> attempt_1399733823963_0004_m_000000_0, Status : FAILED
> Exception from container-launch:
> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:464)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:379)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:589)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.DefaultContainerExecutor.launchContainer(DefaultContainerExecutor.java:195)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:283)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:79)
>  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>
>
>
> 14/05/10 23:56:25 INFO mapreduce.Job: Task Id :
> attempt_1399733823963_0004_m_000001_0, Status : FAILED
> Exception from container-launch:
> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:464)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:379)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:589)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.DefaultContainerExecutor.launchContainer(DefaultContainerExecutor.java:195)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:283)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:79)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>
> ... ...
>
>
> 14/05/10 23:56:36 INFO mapreduce.Job:  map 100% reduce 100%
> 14/05/10 23:56:37 INFO mapreduce.Job: Job job_1399733823963_0004 failed
> with state FAILED due to: Task failed task_1399733823963_0004_m_000000
> Job failed as tasks failed. failedMaps:1 failedReduces:0
>
> 14/05/10 23:56:37 INFO mapreduce.Job: Counters: 10
> Job Counters
> Failed map tasks=7
>  Killed map tasks=1
> Launched map tasks=8
> Other local map tasks=6
>  Data-local map tasks=2
> Total time spent by all maps in occupied slots (ms)=21602
> Total time spent by all reduces in occupied slots (ms)=0
>  Map-Reduce Framework
> CPU time spent (ms)=0
> Physical memory (bytes) snapshot=0
>  Virtual memory (bytes) snapshot=0
> Job Finished in 24.515 seconds
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: hdfs://
> Single-Hadoop.zd.com/user/root/QuasiMonteCarlo_1399737371038_1022927375/out/reduce-out
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$17.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1110)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$17.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1102)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver.resolve(FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.getFileStatus(DistributedFileSystem.java:1102)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1749)
> at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1773)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.examples.QuasiMonteCarlo.estimatePi(QuasiMonteCarlo.java:314)
> at org.apache.hadoop.examples.QuasiMonteCarlo.run(QuasiMonteCarlo.java:354)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.examples.QuasiMonteCarlo.main(QuasiMonteCarlo.java:363)
>  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>  at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:72)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.run(ProgramDriver.java:144)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.examples.ExampleDriver.main(ExampleDriver.java:74)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>  at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:212)
>
>
>
> Why would any job fail?  Is it because the configurations are not correct?
>

Mime
View raw message