From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@darose.net>
Subject Re: I need advice on whether my starting data needs to be in HDFS
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 14:33:07 GMT
That's pre-processing.  I.e., yes, before you run your job, when you
push the file from local file system into HDFS then it is reading from a
single machine.

However, presumably the processing your job does is the (far) more
lengthy activity, and so running the job can take much less time if the
data is in hdfs.

DR