From Chau Yee Cheung <joyeec...@gmail.com>
Subject Connect a node in virtual machine with other nodes in physical machine with port forwarding
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 06:42:58 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am trying to build a cluster with my classmates. 3 of us have linux
installed on the physical machine, 2 of us are using virtual machines.
Since the campus network has some restrictions, we can only use NAT mode to
connect the virtual machine to the internet.

I want to know if it's possible to connect a node in virtual machine with
other nodes in physical machine with port forwarding. I've tried to forward
some ports and the other's physical machine can connect to my virtual
machine via them, but I'm not sure if hadoop can connect to other nodes in
this way. To my knowledge the port for the tasktracker is uncertain, so I
can't forward a specific port for it.

Also, other nodes trying to ssh my virtual machine will have to use a port
other than 22(Then it will be forwarded to the port 22 in my virtual
machine). I wonder how to configure this.

Thanks.