From Karim Awara <karim.aw...@kaust.edu.sa>
Subject Re: Task or job tracker seems not working?
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:51:04 GMT
hi,

I still dont think the problem with the file size or so. This is a snap of
the job tracker log just as i start hadoop. It seems it has an exception
already.

2014-04-17 16:16:31,391 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.
JobTracker: Setting safe mode to false. Requested by : karim
2014-04-17 16:16:31,400 INFO org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader:
Loaded the native-hadoop library
2014-04-17 16:16:31,429 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker: Cleaning
up the system directory
2014-04-17 16:16:31,443 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobHistory: Creating
DONE folder at file:/home/karim/systems/hadoop-1.1.2/logs/history/done
2014-04-17 16:16:31,445 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker: History
server being initialized in embedded mode
2014-04-17 16:16:31,447 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobHistoryServer:
Started job history server at: localhost:50030
2014-04-17 16:16:31,448 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker: Job
History Server web address: localhost:50030
2014-04-17 16:16:31,449 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.CompletedJobStatusStore: Completed job store is
inactive
2014-04-17 16:16:31,474 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: DataStreamer
Exception: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
/home/karim/data/hadoop-1.1.2_data/hadoop_tmp-karim/mapred/system/
jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1639)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:736)
    at
    at
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1393)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1389)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1149)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1387)

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara

--