From Matt K <matvey1...@gmail.com>
Subject running YARN in Production
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 20:17:54 GMT
We run a number of mission-critical MapReduce jobs daily in our production
cluster, mostly on top of HBase. In the past, we've hit a number of Hadoop
bugs, and found it difficult to maintain a solid SLA.

We are now moving to CDH5 and evaluating if we should move to YARN or keep
running Hadoop 1. YARN is very compelling, but it's also relatively young.
I know that Cloudera recommends YARN over Hadoop 1 in CDH5, but I could use
a second opinion :)

Can someone running YARN in a mission-critical Production environment share
their experience, specifically as it relates to stability? I realize that
this is a question that lends itself to a somewhat subjective answer.

Thanks,
-Matt