From Mingjiang Shi <m...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Re: DNS pre request for hadoop install
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 09:24:59 GMT
If you don't know what fully qualified domain name is, google it first.

Let me show you my configuration:
[dev@devmachine:~ ]$ hostname
devmachine
[dev@devmachine:~ ]$ hostname -f
devmachine.mydomain
[dev@devmachine:~ ]$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain localhost localhost4
localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost.localdomain localhost localhost6
localhost6.localdomain6
192.168.9.168 devmachine.mydomain       devmachine

where 192.168.9.168 is my machine ip, devmachine.mydomain is my host fqdn.

--
Cheers
-MJ