From Alex Lee <eliy...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: how to install and distribute master services in 4 nodes.
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 02:38:06 GMT
Really appreciate the answers, I am trying to follow it, only the zookeeper need to distribute
into 3 nodes. And for slave and client, beside checking all the nodes with datanode and node
manager, should I also checkbox with the Client or Reginal Server in the web setting.

Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 13:17:44 +0100
Subject: Re: how to install and distribute master services in 4 nodes.
From: orenault@hortonworks.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

You can run all master services on a single node or if was you I will run the datanode / nodemananger
on every nodes.
Kind regards

Olivier
On 6 Apr 2014 05:26, "Alex Lee" <eliyart@hotmail.com> wrote:

Trying to install hadoop by horton, there some many master services, such as HDFS, Yarn+mapreduce,
Nagios, Ganglia, Hive, Hbase and Pig as the image below.
http://postimg.org/image/pwbv6go33/

Currently, only have 4 nodes, and as below, 3 nodes may ocuppy by master services, and only
1 node left for datanode.
http://postimg.org/image/gsdr8h719/

Does all the master services neccessary.  After searching, seem all neccessary. Can all the
master services put into one node, if they are not cost much resources. Or even master services
are distrbuted for 3 nodes, I still can distribute data services into 3 or 4 nodes.

Any suggestion, thanks.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICENOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution,
disclosure or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your
system. Thank You.