From Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running YARN in Production
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 04:15:54 GMT
Matt,

Apache Yarn is quite stable, and works in production well - so far. Additional, yarn is backward
compatible, so MRv1 jobs running too.
For vendor specific questions contact your distribution vendor.

- Alex

Sent from my iPad

> On 24 Apr 2014, at 22:17, Matt K <matvey1414@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We run a number of mission-critical MapReduce jobs daily in our production cluster, mostly
on top of HBase. In the past, we've hit a number of Hadoop bugs, and found it difficult to
maintain a solid SLA.

> We are now moving to CDH5 and evaluating if we should move to YARN or keep running Hadoop
1. YARN is very compelling, but it's also relatively young. I know that Cloudera recommends
YARN over Hadoop 1 in CDH5, but I could use a second opinion :)

> Can someone running YARN in a mission-critical Production environment share their experience,
specifically as it relates to stability? I realize that this is a question that lends itself
to a somewhat subjective answer.