From Justin Mrkva <m...@justinmrkva.com>
Subject Compiling from Source
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 18:31:55 GMT
I’m using the guide at http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.3.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html
to try to compile the native Hadoop libraries because I’m running a 64 bit OS and it keeps
complaining that the native libraries can’t be found.

After running the third command (mvn clean install assembly:assembly -Pnative) I get the output
shown in the gist at https://gist.github.com/anonymous/dd8e1833d09b48bdb813

I’m installing Hadoop 2.4.0 on CentOS 6.5 64-bit. The operating system is a clean install
and is running nothing but Hadoop.

Where should I go from here? There are so many packages used in Hadoop that I have no idea
where to begin, and Maven gives no indication of what the actual error is.