From Azuryy <azury...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connect a node in virtual machine with other nodes in physical machine with port forwarding
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 12:58:26 GMT
NAT with VM.
You just make sure SSH to VM without password.

But the best way is start to try it now.

Sent from my iPhone5s

> On 2014年4月6日, at 20:26, Chau Yee Cheung <joyeec9h3@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> May I ask how you configured the VM? The hadoop on other machines can just access the
VM guest on another machine without port forwarding? (just making sure I'm not being paranoid
here :) )

>> Hi,
>> Just do it, I did it successfully.
>>

>> Sent from my iPhone5s
>>
>> > On 2014年4月6日, at 14:42, Chau Yee Cheung <joyeec9h3@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > I am trying to build a cluster with my classmates. 3 of us have linux installed
on the physical machine, 2 of us are using virtual machines. Since the campus network has
some restrictions, we can only use NAT mode to connect the virtual machine to the internet.

>> > I want to know if it's possible to connect a node in virtual machine with other
nodes in physical machine with port forwarding. I've tried to forward some ports and the other's
physical machine can connect to my virtual machine via them, but I'm not sure if hadoop can
connect to other nodes in this way. To my knowledge the port for the tasktracker is uncertain,
so I can't forward a specific port for it.

>> > Also, other nodes trying to ssh my virtual machine will have to use a port other
than 22(Then it will be forwarded to the port 22 in my virtual machine). I wonder how to configure
this.