From Steve Lewis <lordjoe2...@gmail.com>
Subject How do I programmatically run a Hadoop 2.0 job from a Hadoop Client outside the cluster
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:09:38 GMT
Under Hadoop 0.2 I was able to run a Hadoop from an external machine (say a
windows box with Cygwin) running on the same network as the cluster by
setting
"fs.default.name" in my Java code on the client machine

and little else in the config file
With 2.0 I want to do something similar launching a job on the client
machine.
I understand the need to communicate with YARN but am not sure
a) how to that in the configuraton file
b) how to test that YARN as configured is running on the cluster

Can anyone help - possibly with a specific example

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE