From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Impact of Tez/Spark to MapReduce
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 01:02:41 GMT
The thing about yarn is you chose what is right for the the workload.

For example: Spark may not the right choice if for example join tables do
not fit in memory.

On Wednesday, March 5, 2014, Anthony Mattas <anthony@mattas.net> wrote:
> With Tez and Spark becoming mainstream what does Map Reduce look like
longer term? Will it become a component that sits on top of Tez, or will
they continue to live side by side utilizing YARN?
> I'm struggling a little bit to understand what the roadmap looks like for
the technologies that sit on top of YARN.

--
Sorry this was sent from mobile. Will do less grammar and spell check than
usual.