From Rakesh Davanum <rakesh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running a Job in a Local Job Runner:Windows 7 64-bit
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 03:14:55 GMT
Hi RR,

You don't need to have the actual Hadoop daemons running on windows
machince. Just install Cygwin and ensure that you have all the required
Hadoop jars in the class path of your program. You can test/debug directly
from the IDE itself just by saying "Run As" -> "Java Application" on the
driver class. This will run the program in the Local Job Runner mode. You
can use this to verify the basic logic of your MR code. We you start using
advanced features of MR, the behavior/output on Local Job Runner may be
different from when running the program on a real distributed cluster.

Regards,
Rakesh