From Oleg Zhurakousky <oleg.zhurakou...@gmail.com>
Subject SIMPLE authentication is not enabled. Available:[TOKEN]
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2014 20:18:36 GMT
So here is my dilemma.

I am trying to register ApplicationMaster to a remote YARN cluster and I
get

Caused by:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException):
SIMPLE authentication is not enabled.  Available:[TOKEN]

at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(
ProtobufRpcEngine.java:206)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy7.registerApplicationMaster(Unknown Source)

at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.client.ApplicationMasterProtocolPBClientImpl.registerApplicationMaster(
ApplicationMasterProtocolPBClientImpl.java:106)
My security is explicitly set to SIMPLE and I can see it in my logs:

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Server accepts auth methods:[TOKEN, SIMPLE]

What is unclear is why [TOKEN] get's there and when I say unclear, its
actually very clear from the ipc Server code. The real question is why
TOKEN is hard coded there in the first place for the cases when Secret
Manager is present. Which also raises another question; How to disable
Secret Manager.

Cheers
Oleg