From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: Getting error message from AM container launch
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 02:36:59 GMT
Wangda Tan,

Thanks for your reply!  We did actually figure out where the problem was coming from, but
this is a very helpful technique to know.

John

From: Wangda Tan [mailto:wheeleast@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:35 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting error message from AM container launch

HI John,
Typically, this is caused by somewhere in your program set "nice" as AM launching command.
You can check the "real" script which YARN used to launch AM.
You need set "yarn.nodemanager.delete.debug-delay-sec" in yarn-site.xml on all NMs to a larger
value (like 600, 10 min), to make NMs don't remove temporary directory of a container as soon
as the container get finished. You need restart NMs after you set.
After that, you can re-run your program again, the script you can find should be <host-of-AM>:/ephemeral02/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache/SYSTEM/appcache/<app-id>/<container-id>/launch_container.sh.
You can verify the launch command if correct in the script.
--
Regards,
Wangda Tan

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Azuryy <azuryyyu@gmail.com<mailto:azuryyyu@gmail.com>>