From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: decommissioning a node
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 12:54:39 GMT
OK, restarting all services now fsck shows under-replication.  Was it the NameNode restart?
John

From: John Lilley [mailto:john.lilley@redpoint.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 5:47 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: decommissioning a node

Our cluster has a node that reboot randomly.  So I've gone to Ambari, decommissioned its HDFS
service, stopped all services, and deleted the node from the cluster.  I expected and fsck
to immediately show under-replicated blocks, but everything comes up fine.  How do I tell
the cluster that this node is really gone, and it should start replicating the missing blocks?
Thanks
John