From Rohith Sharma K S <rohithsharm...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: How to configure nodemanager.health-checker.script.path
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 06:48:25 GMT
Hi

Health script should execute successfully. If your health check required to fail, than add
ERROR that print in console.  This is because health script may fail because of Syntax error,
Command not found(IOexception) or several other reasons.

In order to work health script,
Do not add "exit -1".

#!/bin/bash
echo "ERROR disk full"

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

From: Anfernee Xu [mailto:anfernee.xu@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 March 2014 10:32
To: user
Subject: How to configure nodemanager.health-checker.script.path

Hello,

I'm running MR with 2.2.0 release, I noticed we can configure "nodemanager.health-checker.script.path"
in yarn-site.xml to customize NM health checking, so I add below properties to yarn-site.xml

 <property>
     <name>yarn.nodemanager.health-checker.script.path</name>
     <value>/scratch/software/hadoop2/hadoop-dc/node_health.sh</value>
   </property>

  <property>
     <name>yarn.nodemanager.health-checker.interval-ms</name>
     <value>10000</value>
   </property>

To get a feel about this, the /scratch/software/hadoop2/hadoop-dc/node_health.sh simply print
an ERROR message as below

#!/bin/bash
echo "ERROR disk full"
exit -1

But it seems not working, the node is still in health state, did I missing something?

Thanks for your help.
--
--Anfernee