From Rohith Sharma K S <rohithsharm...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: NodeManager health Question
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 02:55:30 GMT
Hi ,

  As troubleshooting, few things  you can verify

1.     check RM web UI for "Is there any 'Active Nodes' in Yarn cluster"?. http://< yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address>/cluster.

And also verify for "Lost Nodes" or "Unhealthy Nodes" or "Rebooted Nodes".
                 If there any active nodes, then cross verify for "Memory Total". This should
be "Memory Total  = Number of Active Nodes * value of { yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb
}"

2.     NodeManger logs give more information. NM logs also check.

>>> In Yarn, my Hive queries are "Accepted" but are "Unassigned" and do not run
             This may be  your Yarn Cluster does not have enough memory to launch container.
Possible reason could be

1.     None of the NM are sending heart beat to RM.(check RM Web UI for Unhealthy Nodes)

2.     All the NM are lost/unhealthy.

3.     Full cluster capacity is Used. So yarn scheduler is waiting for some container to get
over, so it can assign released memory to other containers.

        Looking into  your DataNode socket timeout exception ( that too 8 minutes!!!), I suspect
that Hadoop cluster Network is UNSTABLE. Better to debug on network.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S