From Steve Kallestad <st...@tabtonic.com>
Subject RE: Wiki Editing
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2014 09:17:27 GMT
Quick note.  As of yet, I have not received write permissions on the Hadoop
Wiki.

My login name is SteveKallestad.

I appreciate any help getting started.

Thanks,

Steve

*From:* Arpit Agarwal [mailto:aagarwal@hortonworks.com]
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:37 AM
*To:* common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
*Subject:* Re: Wiki Editing

+common-dev, bcc user

Hi Steve,

*I'm wondering if someone wouldn't mind adding my user to the list so I can
add my (small) contribution to the project.*

A wiki admin should be able to do this for you (a few of them are on this
mailing list). Feel free to send a reminder to the list if no one has added
you in a day or so.

*Additionally, I'd like to help update the maven site documentation to add
some clarity, but I know I'll have to look into how to get going on that
side of the street.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the process there would
be to submit bugs with a patch into Jira, and there is probably a utility
somewhere that I can run which will ensure that whatever changes I propose
meet the project standards.*

Documentation patches are always welcome. There is a test-patch.sh script
in the source tree which can be used to validate your patch.

Alternatively if you generate your patch against trunk you can cheat and
click 'Submit Patch' in the Jira to have Jenkins validate the patch for
you. To build and stage the site locally you can run something like "mvn
site:stage -DstagingDirectory=/tmp/myhadoopsite". This is useful to
manually verify the formatting looks as expected.

Thanks,

Arpit