From Raj hadoop <raj.had...@gmail.com>
Subject heap space error
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:08:20 GMT
Hi All

                     In our Map reduce code, when we are giving more than
10 input sequence files, we are facing the java heap space error. Kindly
Find the attached screen shot for error and log file for failed task. The
program is working fine when number of input files is 10.

I tried to set number of Map Tasks to 10 from code and also input to jar
 but both are not working.

Alternatives tried :

   1.

   While running the map-reduce jar , providing the input as / -D
   mapred.map.tasks =10.
   2.

   In code I changed Job to JobConf to set num of map-tasks as :

   JobConf job = new JobConf(conf, SplitAutomation.class);

   job.setNumMapTasks(10);

Kindly help us as soon as possible as this is high priority.