From Alex Nastetsky <anastet...@spryinc.com>
Subject Re: Capacity Scheduler capacity vs. maximum-capacity
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 01:35:19 GMT
Thanks Jian.

In what sense is the "capacity" resources "guaranteed"?

Let's say there are two queues at the root level, A and B. Both have
capacity of 50% and max capacity of 70%. If queue A is only currently using
40% and queue B is using 50% and needs more, then it will be able to borrow
10% from queue A, so now queue A is using 40% and queue B is using 60%. But
what happens if queue A now needs 50%? Will the scheduler take away the 10%
from queue B and give it back to queue A even if queue B needs it? If not,
it would seem that the scheduler is reneging on its guarantee.