From Jian He <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Capacity Scheduler capacity vs. maximum-capacity
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 23:01:04 GMT
Hi Alex

You can find good explanation from here:
http://hortonworks.com/blog/understanding-apache-hadoops-capacity-scheduler/
Short term: Capacity is the soft limit that queue is guaranteed for such an
amount of resource. For the purpose of necessary elasticity, queue can go
beyond capacity limit but can not go beyond Max-Capacity limit which is the
hard limit.

Jian

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE