hadoop-mapreduce-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jian He <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: what happens to a client attempting to get a new app when the resource manager is already down
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 15:27:46 GMT
For NMs talking with RM, you need to restart the NMs to take the configs
into effect.
For the client talking with RM, you don't need to restart the RM.

Jian


On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 10:52 PM, REYANE OUKPEDJO <r.oukpedjo@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Thank you very much.
> One last question: Do you think those parameters setting require
> restarting the cluster?
>
> Thanks
>
> Reyane OUKPEDJO
>
>
>
>   On Sunday, February 2, 2014 11:06 AM, Jian He <jhe@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>  Hi
> All entities including NM and client etc. use the same RMProxy to talk
> with RM. The retry behavior is controlled by the following two configs.
> yarn.resourcemanager.connect.max-wait.ms controls Maximum time to wait to
> establish connection to ResourceManager.
> yarn.resourcemanager.connect.retry-interval.ms controls How often to try
> connecting to the ResourceManager.
>
> Jian
>
>
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:52 PM, REYANE OUKPEDJO <r.oukpedjo@yahoo.com>wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to solve a problem. My client run as a server. And was trying
> to make my client aware about the fact the resource manager is down but I
> could not figure out. The reason is that the call :
>  yarnClient.createApplication(); never return when the resource manager is
> down. However it just stay in a loops and sleep after 10 iteration and
> continue the same loops. Below you can find the logs. Any idea how to leave
> this loop ? is there any parameter that control the number of seconds
> before giving up.
>
> Thanks
>
> Reyane OUKPEDJO
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> logs
> 14/01/31 10:48:05 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 8 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:48:06 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 9 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:48:37 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 0 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:48:38 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 1 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:48:39 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 2 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:48:40 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 3 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:48:41 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 4 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:48:42 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 5 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:48:43 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 6 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:48:44 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 7 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:48:45 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 8 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:48:46 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 9 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:49:17 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 0 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:49:18 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 1 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:49:19 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 2 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:49:20 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 3 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:49:21 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 4 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
> 14/01/31 10:49:22 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: isblade2/
> 9.32.160.125:8032. Already tried 5 time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
>
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
> to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
> privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
> forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately
> and delete it from your system. Thank You.
>
>
>

-- 
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to 
which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, 
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader 
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that 
any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or 
forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately 
and delete it from your system. Thank You.

Mime
View raw message