From "Chen, Richard" <richard.c...@intel.com>
Subject No job shown in Hadoop resource manager web UI when running jobs in the cluster
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 03:04:56 GMT
Dear group,

I compiled hadoop 2.2.0 x64 and running it on a cluster. When I do hadoop job -list or hadoop
job -list all, it throws a NPE like this:
14/01/28 17:18:39 INFO Configuration.deprecation: session.id is deprecated. Instead, use dfs.metrics.session-id
14/01/28 17:18:39 INFO jvm.JvmMetrics: Initializing JVM Metrics with processName=JobTracker,
sessionId=
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.tools.CLI.listJobs(CLI.java:504)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.tools.CLI.run(CLI.java:312)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.main(JobClient.java:1237)
and on hadoop webapp like jobhistory ( I turn on the jobhistory server). It shows no job was
running and no job finishing although I was running jobs.
Please help me to solve this problem.
Thanks!!

Richard Chen