From Yves Weissig <weis...@uni-mainz.de>
Subject Re: Hadoop native and snappy library
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 13:12:34 GMT
Thanks... after looking at the sourcecode of the native library loading
process and activating the DEBUG messages I found this in the "hadoop.log":

2014-02-11 14:01:14,084 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader:
Failed to load native-hadoop with error: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/hadoop-2.2.0/lib/native/libhadoop.so.1.0.0: /lib64/libc.so.6: version
`GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by
/hadoop-2.2.0/lib/native/libhadoop.so.1.0.0)

Is it possible to compile the native library with glibc 2.12, because at
the moment I am not able to upgrade glibc on the servers which run Hadoop.

Best regards
Yves