From Publius <t...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Questions from a newbie to Hadoop
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 22:18:42 GMT
I wish to run pseudo machine on a virtual box

I have it almost running on oracle virtual box with Hortonworks sandbox 2.0, but the virtual
appliance is wanting a 64 bit CPU, and mine is only 32 bit

still looking for a 32 bit version of Hortonworks sand box 2.0

Hortonworks seems to be very stable and good so far, very easy to set up

what does this mean;  set up P-D mode on it?

:O

thanks for the reply

From: Devin Suiter RDX <dsuiter@rdx.com>

choice - we use CentOS for that sort of thing here - and set up P-D mode on it, just by using
VirtualBox.

>If the latter...
>

>You make want to invest in some extra RAM - no, I'm kidding. :-) HortonWorks has the stable
Windows builds as Arpit has already directed you to.

>You could also consider the Amazon and Microsoft Azure cloud versions of Hadoop, if you
can afford to pay for a few cycles every month. They're pretty affordable, and those Amazon
$100 gift cards for EC2 are popular giveaway items at trade shows and whatnot...

>Devin Suiter
>Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
>100 Sandusky Street | 2nd Floor | Pittsburgh, PA 15212
>Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com
>

>On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Arpit Agarwal <aagarwal@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>You can try building Apache Hadoop with these instructions:
>>
>>https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop2OnWindows
>>

>>32-bit Windows has not been tested.
>>
>>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.