From Publius <t...@yahoo.com>
Subject Questions from a newbie to Hadoop
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 18:36:01 GMT

 Hello

I am new to hadoop and trying to learn it

I want to set up Psuedo distributed mode on my windows vista (32 bit) machine to experiment
with?

I am having great difficulty locating the correct software(s) to do this?

JDK1.6 or JDK1.7, exclipse?
oracle VM box, VMplayer, etc
CH4, hortonworks, or just apache hadoop?

I have tried to load and run VMplayer and hortonworks Hadoop so far,
but the horton works version is set up for 64 bit and my poor vista machine is 32 bit :(

can someone offer advice on how to do this?

Please help IF able

If somone wanst to email offline that if fine also

Troy

KMG 365