From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Container's completion issue
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 23:21:31 GMT
Can you paste the trace for this container on the NodeManager? Specifically any exception messages.

+Vinod

On Jan 21, 2014, at 12:00 PM, REYANE OUKPEDJO <r.oukpedjo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is my own custom application. But looking at the Resource manager's logs , the container
completed as normal with exit code of 0 . This is really weird to me.

> On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:17 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com>
wrote:
> It means that the first process in the container is either crashing due to some reason
or explicitly killed by an external entity. You can look at the logs for the container on
the web-UI. Also look at ResourceManager logs to trace what is happening with this container.

> Which application is this? MapReduce? Distributed Shell? Or your own custom application?
>
> +Vinod
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 6:38 AM, REYANE OUKPEDJO <r.oukpedjo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I was using hadoop-2.2.0 to run an application that only lunch 3 containers the application
master container and 2 more containers that run the job. one of the 2 containers is returning
as completed from the Resource Manager's logs as soon as it is launched. The problem is the
process that is running with that container continue to run while the container's local directory
is already cleaned up. I investigated my code to understand the reason this happens and could
not figure out. Anyone ever experience this ? If yes please share. Also please give the details
about how the containers completion event is triggered and what make it possible for a process
to continue running after it is marked as completed.

> Thanks
>

> Reyane OUKPEDJO
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE