From "Allen, Ronald L." <allen...@ornl.gov>
Subject RE: Error: Could not find or load main class hdfs
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 17:13:19 GMT
Thank you Hardik!  That seems to have worked!

Have a good day,
Ronnie
From: Hardik Pandya [smarty.juice@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:55 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error: Could not find or load main class hdfs

hadoop fs -copyFromLocal <path to your file>

for e.g /user/home/hadoop/input/file1.txt

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Allen, Ronald L. <allenrl1@ornl.gov<mailto:allenrl1@ornl.gov>>
wrote:
Thank you for responding.

I entered hadoop fs -ls and it returned this:

14/01/07 11:40:50 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your
platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
Found 2 items
drwxr-xr-x   - r9rhadoop supergroup          0 2014-01-06 13:49 input
drwxr-xr-x   - r9rhadoop supergroup          0 2014-01-06 15:30 out

I guess it does.