From Marco Shaw <marco.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop- Network ( protocols) information
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2014 21:38:25 GMT
Hi.

I think you are asking for quite a bit without any indication that you have tried to lookup
this information yourself.

Start with your favourite search engine. and look for "hadoop firewall", for example.

One example http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.2.0/bk_reference/content/reference_chap2.html

Marco

> On Jan 16, 2014, at 6:15 PM, navaz <navaz.enc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Hadoop uses Application layer protocol HTTP . Can anyone tell why it has to go all the
way to  Application layer  but all its nodes are in single hadoop cluster?  Pls give me some
links which describes what  exactly happening during map-reduce .( What messages are exchanged
, protocol, port numbers, How the connection is established , etc).