From Vinayakumar B <vinayakuma...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: JAVA cannot execute binary file
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 05:04:23 GMT
Hi,

It really does not matter in OS whether any double slashes are there in the path or not. Always
OS will normalize it.

Problem could be, your java installation might not be matching with the architecture of the
machine.

Are you sure that /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/ is of same architecture (64/32 bit) as of machine...?

Regards,
Vinayakumar B

From: Mr 0 [mailto:bobwolf333@hotmail.com]
Sent: 08 January 2014 10:15
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: JAVA cannot execute binary file

I have had, at some point on earlier versions of hadoop:

Inside hadoop-env.sh where you set /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/  Leave off the final slash. instead
it should be /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0
Somewhere at some point it adds the /bin/java on itself.  So you are getting a double slash
/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0//bin/java

Really strange, I don't recall ever seeing it mentioned anywhere that I've seen and depending
on the version of Hadoop used, it will keep everything from running until you find it.

I also was getting some strange errors using jdk or any non Sun/Oracle java back then though
too.

This was 3-4 years ago on whatever Ubuntu was modern but it's my best guess.

I just looked and my current test setup of Hadoop 2.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.10 HAS the trailing slash,
with no problems.

~00