From xeon <xeonmailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance in running jobs at the same time
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 05:39:04 GMT
Hi,

1 - I installed Hadoop MRv2 in VirtualMachines. When the jobs are
running, I try to list them with "hadoop jobs -list", but it takes lots
of time for the command being executed. This happens because of the
performance of the VM. I just wonder how it works with big machines.
Does anyone have an idea if it takes long to launch Hadoop commands
while executing jobs?

2 - I want to run several jobs at the same time. How can I configure
the maximum number of jobs that I can run at the same time?

3 - Is there a calculation of how many jobs I can run at the same time
for specific environment similar to how many reduces should we set in
our jobs?

Thanks,

--
Best regards,